For Trainers: What we need from you and what you can expect from us
Thank you for agreeing to train for the Southern Child Welfare Training Partnership. Without you we wouldn’t exist! We appreciate your dedication to the welfare of children and families and we value the skills and knowledge you bring to the training room.
Setting up the training event:
The scheduling of training dates usually occurs with the Training Manager, Connie Koebke. You and Connie will discuss the training topics, learning objectives and needs of the participants, and set the date(s) for the training. We need a brief bio about you and a description of the training for marketing the workshop. We also need a resume of your qualifications for our records. Erik Pritzl will work with you on determining your rate of pay.
For every training you do you should receive a training agreement from our office which would include the date, title, and location of the training, your rate of pay and general terms and conditions. This agreement will be based on what you have discussed with Connie and/or Erik. If you did not receive an agreement, please contact Erik Pritzl at (608) 890-0975 or email: email@example.com.
Presenter Needs and Equipment Form:
We need to know what your audio-visual needs are, if you will need lodging, what handouts or changes to the handouts are needed, your preferred room set up and anything else you want us to provide for the training. Please complete the Presenter Needs Form and send it to the Partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 1 month prior to your training. Or contact Brandi Kelley at (608) 262-7291 or e-mail her at email@example.com with this information or any questions about training logistics.
Payment and Expense Reimbursement
For payment purposes, there are 3 types of trainers. Please identify which type you are to know how to proceed with being reimbursed. If you have any questions, please contact Erik Pritzl at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (608) 890-0975.
- Trainers who are training as part of their work for a Corporation, including their own corporation
- Trainers who are self-employed, not incorporated
- Trainers who are employed by the University of Wisconsin as an ad hoc employee
Regardless of the type of payment,we always need the title of the training, dates trained, location of the training, dates of any prep time, daily or hourly fees and information about your expenses to process your payment. All trainers must ensure that their expenses fall within the allowable rates for the University of Wisconsin. See below.
- For trainers who are employed under a corporation, please invoice us as you do others. We have a sample invoice format that shows the detail of information we need to process your invoice. Send your invoice to Erik Pritzl.
- For trainers who are self-employed we need your permanent home address, mailing address, if different and social security number on your invoice along with the details of your training and expenses. Click here for a sample invoice format. Send your invoice to Erik Pritzl.
- For trainers who are employed by the University of Wisconsin as an Ad Hoc trainer, we need you to send an email to Liz Diez at email@example.com and carbon copied to firstname.lastname@example.org with your training title and dates, prep dates and total payment amount of your services. You can include your expense information in this same e-mail. Your trainer fees are paid via direct deposit as payroll and the basic deductions will be taken out. If reported to the payroll office by the 20th of the month or Friday before, if on a weekend, your payment should be deposited on the 1st of the following month. For Ad Hoc travel expense reimbursement we need a signed UW Travel Reimbursement Report (TER) from you which we will complete based on the information you e-mail to Liz. She will then fill in the TER and e-mail the TER attachment to you to print off, sign and mail back. Please email your travel expense information, including mileage, meal expenses and any other expenses to Liz Diez at email@example.com. Please send your receipts along with the signed TER to Liz Diez, Southern Child Welfare Training Partnership, Linden Drive, Suite 1103, Madison, WI 53706. Your travel expenses will be processed separately from your fees and it can take 4-6 weeks before you receive your check, mailed to your home.
It can take 4-6 weeks for your fee payment. To inquire about the status of your payment, please contact Liz at (608) 263-4718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow these guidelines for your expenses:
If you need lodging for your upcoming training, please contact Brandi at (608) 262-7291. We will arrange your lodging and bill it to the Partnership. If you wish to arrange and pay for lodging on your own, you will be reimbursed up to the state rate of $70 per night ($80 in the Milwaukee area). All incidental expenses must be always paid on your own. A copy of your lodging receipt, regardless of who pays, must accompany your invoice for services.
When you check in, the hotel should already have our credit card information for billing but you will have to give them your personal card for the incidentals. If the hotel says they don’t have the Partnership billing information and you need to pay for the room we will reimburse you. Please call Brandi (608) 262-7291 right away and we will try to correct the problem before you check out. If you have to pay be sure to get a receipt to submit to us.
The maximum amounts reimbursable for meals are $8.00 for breakfast, $9.00 for lunch, and $17.00 for dinner, which includes tax and tip (not to exceed 15%). You can not claim a per diem for the total of the allowable amounts. Continental breakfast and lunch are generally provided for you at the training. Alcohol purchases are not allowable under University rules. The University requires the submission of meal receipt that itemize your meal(s) to verify no alcohol was purchased. Any reimbursement without a receipt will be paid as taxable income.
The state rate for reimbursement for mileage is 48.5 cents per mile for your personal vehicle. Please report your mileage on the invoice or to Liz for the TER. We need to know dates of travel, what time you left and arrived as well as your starting and ending location. For Ad Hoc Trainers: Please note: If you travel more than 300 miles for one round trip, the mileage rate is reduced to .32 per mile.
Training Supplies, Printing Handouts, and Workshop Expenses:
Please request any training supplies you need on the Presenter Needs Form, or call Brandi at (608) 262-7291. For any other training materials you wish to buy that will cost more than $25 please contact Erik (608)890-0975 for advance approval. Save your receipts and submit them with your invoice or payment request.
Printing of handouts will be done by the Partnership. We need to get your handout originals at least two week before the training. E-mailed document versions are preferred. We will make sure the copies are at the training along with any other materials you have requested. If you need to make a few copies at a training at a hotel they can usually make copies and add the cost to the event bill. Let us know how many copies were made.
Trainings are cancelled if the registration numbers are insufficient (a determination that varies from training to training). We will let you know as soon as we decide to cancel the training, which may be a few days or a week before. If you need to cancel please talk with someone at the Partnership as soon as possible. Connie Koebke at email@example.com or call her at 608-265-6241 or the main Partnership number: 608-262-7291.
On the training day, we request that trainers arrive an hour before the event. Typically, someone from our office will be there to facilitate – make announcements to the participants, ensure that participants sign in, and attend to facility needs as well as assist you.
We ask each participant to sign in and out, and record their travel time and mileage each day. This is critical to tracking Federal match for participant’s time. We also send a verification of actual hours attended to each participant after the training.
Each participant receives an Idea Catcher and an Action Plan as tools to help them remember concepts learned in the training and think about how they will apply them to their practice. Please refer people to these forms, as appropriate, during the training. The Action Plans are on 2 part forms; one copy the participants keep, the other they address to their supervisor and leave at the training. Following the training we send the Action Plan copy to the supervisor to facilitate discussion of ideas that the participant wanted to try back on the job.
We also distribute Evaluations at the end of the last training day. The comments from the evaluations are tallied and noted in our database. We send you a summary of the evaluation data. Connie will follow up with you about the results and ideas for improving the training. Please contact her if you have suggestions for the training.
If there isn’t a Partnership facilitator at the training, we ask that you make sure participants sign in and out, and complete both their Action Plan and Evaluation. Please collect all these forms and return them to us as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact Connie Koebke at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at at 608-265-6241 or call the main Partnership number: 608-262-7291
We would like to support your professional development as a trainer in any way we can. If you have suggestions for opportunities to learn more about the content of the trainings you do or to refine your trainer skills please contact Connie Koebke at email@example.com. We also work closely with our new trainers on learning the training content and developing trainer skills.